Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snow, snow go away! We have cabin fever here.......So I created a destination wedding Save the Date

Yes it is still snowing here! OMG, will it ever stop, I don't think so. My kids are going nuts. Yes I could bundle them up to go burn some energy and run around the beautiful glistening snow. For them to turn around and want to come back in the house in 15 minutes tops. But do I have to. Do I have to spend more time getting them ready then the time they will actually spend out there. Ugh......why is winter so exhausting? It all sounds good at the beginning of the season. The pretty glittery fluffy snow and the smell of winter and the fallen snow. The deep crunchy sound of every step. When it sticks to trees. Yes, it all sounds nice. But it is just plain exhausting. The kids drive each other nuts....they drive me nuts, just plain EXHAUSTING. OK, I'm done, I feel at little better.
So I have decided to dedicate this weekend to completing the rough draft of a save the date for a friend of mine. We have known each other since junior high and she is finally "gettin hitched". She was describing her wedding to me and it all sounds beautiful. She and her fiancĂ© are doing a destination wedding. (maybe that is why I'm in a winter funk, LOL) They are getting married on the beach in June. Ahh, sounds so nice right about now.

I love to do different things and that is exactly what she wanted, something fun and not feminine or too formal. She had found an idea on pinterst and this is what I came up with. She loved the WOAH s&%$ got real saying so this is what I came up with. I think it is fun and she is fun, describes them to a T.  

I used Jaded Blossom Fancy Topper Die for the base of the card and used my Cameo for the rest. I used a few different fonts to write out the details. I cut out the "WOAH" and the ring from different card stock I already had. Then I added a pop of color with some bling.

 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this weekends project.
Happy crafting!!!
 

No comments: